Thursday, April 16, 2009

Arthur C. Clarke - A famous person I would like to meet

Arthur C. Clarke is an internationally renowned scientist and a writer of scientific fiction. The predictions he made through these novels regarding space travel and satellite communication have become realities of today. A man who could foretell such possibilities is indeed a great man, a man to be honoured and admired. Of all the famous people I know, it is Arthur C. Clarke I would like to meet.

I had the opportunity to read some of his books. Reading these books roused my interest and I was driven to find out more about the life and work of this great man.

His novel '2001: A Space Odyssey' became very famous. His many predictions culminated in 1958 when he published a series of essays which eventually became profiles of the future.
Arthur C. Clarke is an Englishman who later became a Sri Lankan citizen. He was the Chancellor of the International Space University of Moratuwa from 1979 to 2002. Clarke was knighted in 2000. On November 14 he was awarded the 'Sri Lanka Abhimanaya', the highest civilian award of our country.

No comments:

Post a Comment